Last updated: May 3, 2021
1. Information We Collect About You. We collect information, including first and last name, email address, phone number, third-party account credentials (e.g., your Facebook login credentials, Google login credentials), your location (which can be real-time), and during your use of the Services, we may also collect non-personal information, which does not identify you, such as the type of mobile device used to access the application, device ID, browser type and version, date and time of a user’s visit, and language preference. Non-personal information and personal information that we collect is discussed below. We use the information we collect to improve our Services as more fully discussed below.
2. Where the Personal Information Comes From. We collect information, including personal information, to deliver, maintain, improve, personalize, and develop our Services. The information we collect and how we collect are as follows:
A. Information You Provide To Us. We collect information you provide directly to us including: e-mail address; mobile telephone number; geographic location; provided picture; Facebook or Google Account details; and other information you choose to provide in connection with your account. Please note that your user name and your profile picture will be made available to other users and the public when you use some of our Services. For example, when you post a product, some of your information will be available to users of the Services, so you should exercise discretion when using the Services to post personal information. We are not responsible for protecting such information that you choose to share with third parties through our Services (e.g., sending your telephone number to another user through the Services).
B. Information we collect automatically. Whenever you interact with our Services, we automatically receive and collect the following information about you:
a. Device and Technical Information. We collect device-specific information such as operating system version, your device make and model and name of the mobile network that you are using, or similar information regarding the location of the mobile device with our third party partners, that enables us to provide you with information or offers specific to your location and interests. We also collect information including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your device, time zone, registration date, date of last password change, date of last successful login, and type and version of your browser.
b.Location Information. The marketplace within the App is designed to facilitate transactions between sellers and interested buyers who are within proximity to those sellers. We use your location to deliver posts for items nearby to you. Your location data allows you to see user items near you and helps you in posting items within your location. As such, the collection of users’ location information is absolutely essential to providing you with the best and most useful marketplace experience we can. When you access the Services through the App, we and a third party partner may receive or collect and store your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (such as latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. You may enable or disable the collection of this data at any time using the settings on your mobile device by deleting the App or adjusting the in-app settings of the App if the App makes that option available.
c. Usage Information. We collect information about your activity within the App, which includes a date and time stamp of each visit, clickstream information, duration of your visit and the order in which you visit the content on the App.
3. The Purposes for Collecting your Personal Information. We use the information you provide to (i) provide the Services (for example if you sign in using your e-mail id, we use your email address to identify you as a user), (ii) improve your experience using the Services (for example we use clickstream data to determine how much time you spend in the App and the manner you navigate), and (iii) to provide a safety and security for the Services (for example, we use your email address to do troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, fraud prevention, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data). In addition, we may aggregate and/or de-identify data about visitors to our App and use it for any purpose, including product and service development and improvement activities.
4. Sharing Personal Information. We do not rent or sell your personal information to anyone, provided certain personal information may be transferred, as described below. We may share your personal information with third parties as described in this section:
A. Analytics Providers and Third Party Vendors: In order to improve our Services, we will sometimes share your non-identifiable information with analytics providers that help us analyze how people are using our Services. For example, we use common industry-wide analytics software to understand how people use our app so we can improve the Services and increase engagement. We share your data with third party vendors and other service providers that help us deliver certain aspects of our Services. For example, maintenance services, database management, cloud hosting, and web and mobile analytics. Third parties acting on our behalf that are given access to your personal information are contractually obligated to abide by our privacy practices and are not allowed to use the information for any other purposes. We may share your personal information with other third parties with your consent or instructions to do so.
B. Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets, and may share and/or transfer user information, including personal information, in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, personal information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party. We may also share your information, including personal information, Demographic Information and usage information with our patent, subsidiaries and affiliates.
C. For Legal Matters: We may read, retain, preserve, and disclose your data, including your personal information, to law enforcement authorities, regulators, grand juries, courts and tribunals, governmental or public bodies and other relevant third parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to protect people or property, to protect our services, rights or property, to comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to legal process, law enforcement requests and requests from other public and government authorities.
D. Non-identifiable information. We may disclose information that does not personally identify you in any other manner that we deem appropriate, including to third parties for their research, marketing, and promotional purposes and to help us determine how we can improve our Services. We will also disclose non-personal information to our service providers and other third parties about how our users collectively use the Services.
6.Your California Privacy Rights. Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal information, which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice or to request to opt-out of such future sharing, please submit a written request to: email@example.com. In order to provide you with basic app functions, we will collect and use your information when absolutely necessary. According to CCPA 1798.100-1798.140, without your consent, we will not sell your personal information to any third parties. You are entitled to query, correct, enable, disable or delete any of your personal information. If you disable or delete your personal information, some app functions may be rendered unavailable. If you want to correct, disable, or delete your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Modifying Your Personal Information; Deleting Your Account; Data Retention
A. Modifying Your Personal Information. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. You may be able to access much of your information via the My Profile tab on the App. For example, the personal information you provided during the registration process (i.e., name, email, phone number) can be accessed by logging into your account and navigating to My Profile. Through the My Profile tab, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you’ve provided to us: (a) first and last name, (b) profile photo, (c) phone number, and (d) email. The information you can view, update, edit, and delete may change as the Services change. If you need additional help updating or correcting your information please contact us at email@example.com.
B. Your choices regarding the data we Collect and Process. In many instances, you have choices about the information you provide and limiting how we use your information. These choices, and any related consequences, are described in detail below:
a. Personal information: You may choose not to provide your personal information, such as your name, phone number or email address, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Services.
b. Location Tracking: Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device through the device’s settings’ menu.
c. Third parties: You have the ability to choose whether or not you’d like to use many of the third-party integrations we offer. If you authorize an account connection from a third-party account or platform, such as a Google or Facebook account, you can manage your connection preferences from the third-party account or platform. Please refer to the privacy notice that governs the third-party platform for more information on the choices you may have.
C. Deleting Your Account: You may choose to close your account at any time. You can close your account by requesting that we close it for you by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
D. Data Retention. In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we will retain your information as long as necessary to serve you, to maintain your account for as long as your account is active, or as otherwise needed to operate our business. We may also retain personal information to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce our Terms and Conditions, and as permitted by applicable law. If you would like to fully delete your account and the information in it, you can write to us at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your personal information from our Services so long as we do not have any legal reason or obligation to retain the record. It may take up to 90 days for your information to be cleared from our servers.
8. User-Submitted content. We do not have control over how other users who have access to the Services will use any content you post publicly or send to them privately. We urge you to exercise discretion when sharing personal information with other users. Certain user profile information, including your username, phone number, location, and any image content that such user has uploaded to the Services, may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services or address your request for our Services. Please remember that any content you upload to your public user profile, along with any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view (becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by anyone. Your user name (pantry name) may also be displayed to other users if and when you create a Post through the Services and other users can contact you through messages.